Friday, July 20, 2012

TANDOORI CHICKEN


I have always loved Indian food,this is as close as I have found to a restaurant dish without having a tandoor oven and without using the red food colouring,which I would have used if I had had any!

Start by making the marinade,in a bowl add 1tsp turmeric,half teaspoon ground cinnamon,1tsp ground ginger,1 tsp ground cumin,1 tsp of cayenne pepper 1tsp of hot paprika a tbsp tomato ketchup and a cup of yogurt,stir together add the juice of half a lemon and a generous helping of freshly milled black pepper,now make incisions diagonally across the chicken breasts add to the bowl and with your fingers massage all the marinade into the chicken,cover with cling film and marinate for 4 hours.

I take the chicken out of the fridge half an hour before I am going to cook them,pre heat the oven to 220,and put some tin foil at the base of a roasting tray

Now on a hot BBQ cook on both sides about 5 mins each side so you have some colour,then add to the roasting tin and cook around 15 mins to 20 mins,keep an eye on them,I served with a fragrant rice and raita .



4 comments:

  1. OMG this is so fab!! How can I follow you??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am new to blogging I have no idea how you could follow me maybe on twitter?

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much,try it its easy and authentic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining our blog hop? Do you have Google connect so I can follow you?

    ReplyDelete