Friday, May 10, 2013

Fresh Raw Artichoke Salad

 I think Spring is my favourite season, everything coming to life and the climate in Spain is perfect not to hot but blue sky's ever day. I love the new seasons Artichokes Asparagus, Strawberries and Peas and do try to make a point of eating whats in season and when I saw these little artichokes I just had to have them.
I wont pretend they are my favourite vegetable but these were young and crisp so I peeled off the harder spiky outer leaves to reveal the inner leaves, covered them instantly in Lemon juice to retain there colour chopped some fresh Mint a glug of your very best Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkled generously with Salt flakes and a grind or two of Black Pepper just delicious vibrant and so fresh. I preferred them in this crisp raw state to cooking them.

Give them a try, you won't be disappointed but make sure they are young and fresh

No comments:

Post a Comment