Sunday, November 4, 2012

Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb


It is ages since I had some decent Lamb, I found this wonderful Rack of Lamb at my Butcher. Lamb has to be best for flavour and Beef for texture.

I scored the fat and seasoned very generously holding the bones, sear to brown the meat all over in an oven proof skillet with Olive Oil and a knob of Butter, being careful not to burn yourself which yes I managed to do!

Then place in a preheated oven at 200c for 7 minutes for a rare lamb 10 minutes for Medium, meanwhile make the Herb Crust. I added dried Rosemary, Parsley, Mint, Herb de Provence and a handful of finely chopped fresh Parsley. 3 tbsp of Panko Breadcrumbs and a little Olive Oil and mixed together on a plate.
After 7 minutes take the skillet from the Oven, I always put an Oven glove over the handle and leave it there to remind me its hot. Brush with Dijon Mustard and holding the bones with a little kitchen towel dip to coat in the herb breadcrumb mixture until well coated. Return to the Oven for a further 6 minutes.
When you take it from the Oven, let it rest covered in tin foil for at least ten minutes 15 minutes would be better. I served with a Mushroom reduction sauce and Oven roasted Tomatoes and Aubergine, Boulangere Potatoes and a little fresh Mint Sauce
Sensational dish

1 comment: