Sunday, February 17, 2013

Bullfighters Beef

This was something a little different for Sunday Lunch took 3 hours which was a good excuse to drink rather a lot of wine whilst snacking on toasted Almonds!!

I am doing a dinner party next week on Friday so  I was in the the Butchers and these huge chunks of Chuck Steak were begging me to make them mine! I called it Bullfighters Beef because I cooked them the same way I would Rabo de Torro, let me tell you so good a rich reduced sauce and you could cut the meat with a spoon, heaven.
To start the dish fry off in the Casserole dish some finely chopped Carrots and Onion on a low heat so it softens but doesn't brown in a little Olive Oil.

Take the Meat out the fridge an hour before you start cooking, season some flour on a plate and dip the Meat in it and shake off any excess.

In a very hot skillet add some Olive Oil and sear the Meat to brown all over and set aside.
Deglaze the pan with Red Wine and have a glass yourself, very important! When its reduced add to the Onion and Carrots put the meat in and add a pint or so of fresh Beef Stock, a sprig of Rosemary and Thyme and a couple of Bay Leaves and Season. Bring to the boil put a lid on sealed with some Tin Foil and place in the Oven pre heated at 160c cook for 3 hours.

Your whole Kitchen is by now filling with the most mouthwatering aromas.

At the end of cooking take out the meat out carefully so that it doesn't break up and with a hand blender Blitz the sauce to mush up the Carrots and Onion return the Meat for another ten minutes and return to the Oven.

After ten minutes take out of the Oven set aside the Meat and put the Casserole Dish on the hob at it's highest heat and reduce for around 15 minutes. I added a drop of Port to enrich the Sauce and at the end of reduction a knob of Butter to give a gloss to the sauce...Heaven, Serve with chopped Parsley and as I did Pomme Puree glazed Balsamic Onions Peas and Carrots. What a joy

3 comments:

  1. Hello!

    I have chosen you as one of 11 recipients of the Liebster Award! I am passing this along to you in appreciation of your creativity, fearless sharing and blogging support.

    Visit my blog, Food Idiot Trying, at: http://foodidiottrying.blogspot.com/ to copy your Liebster Award Badge and get instructions!

    Thank you for sharing,
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks beautiful! I love how tender beef gets when it meets wine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this for dinner tonight. My husband loved it! So easy to make too. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I linked back to you post in my blog.
    http://sowhatareyoumakingfordinner.blogspot.com/2013/05/bullfighters-beef.html
    :)

    ReplyDelete