Sunday, July 29, 2012

French Slow Cooked Roast Chicken

The Juiciest Chicken Guaranteed


This is by far the best way of making a Roast Chicken,Start by making a herb butter in a bowl,simply add dried herbs parsley herb de Provence,whatever you fancy in a bowl
Now,wash out the bird,including importantly the cavity and pat dry with kitchen towel,season the inside of the cavity with salt,quite a lot.

Now lift the skin and put your finger under the skin over the breast without breaking the skin,it will come apart easily and stuff your herbed butter under the skin,any remaining butter use to smear over the top of the skin,I kept the bird trussed,just for appearances, so I slashed with a knife some grooves into the legs to help it cook evenly sprinkled with dried herbs salt and pepper and put a bay leaf some sprigs of fresh Rosemary ,a bit of fresh sage and some fresh thyme,and half a lemon and clove of unpeeled garlic into the cavity
I cut into quarters a bulbous spring Onion and put in the roasting tray for with a glass of white wine,and put in a pre heated oven at 90',yep 90' for one and half hours...Now take it out and let it rest for 45 minutes,turn the oven up to 220' and return for around 20 minutes,let it rest for another 15 minutes covered in foil,I promise you it is soooo Juicy
Once you have a bird as juicy as this I promise you won't go back to quick high heat roast chicken again,I had a lovely Fastino V with it,well several bottles because it takes time to cook,Heaven on a plate,I served with just the Jus from the roasting tin roasted potatoes some vegetables and the crunchy sweet Spring Onion

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Looks like a pretty juicy bird to me :) Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so moist and mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a moist juicy bird...Love the innuendo here

    ReplyDelete
  4. guess what I'm doing for Sunday Dinner now....

    ReplyDelete