Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pork Chops in Calvados Creamed Mustard Sauce

Pork Chops are not my favourite, but these little Baby chops cooked in a Cream and Calvados are something else, very quick, and very easy.

In a hot skillet add a drop of Olive Oil and a good knob of butter then put in your chops, at this size they take not much more than a minute each side, you want them to take on some colour. Then add around half a glass of Calvados and flambé.
Once the flames have died down add a ladle of Chicken Stock and a teaspoon of Grain Dijon Mustard.
Stir it in with a wooden spoon and take off the heat before adding a glug of Single Cream and stir that in.

Serve on a plate with a scattering of chopped fresh Parsley. The mustard creamy sauce compliments the Pork beautifully. I served with a Potato and Vegetable bake, really Delicious brings your Pork Chops to life. If you haven't got Calvados, Cider or White wine would suffice.
Sometimes I make some sliced Caramelised Apples along with the Pork, This time just didn't have an Apple left. I served with a Cold Soave White wine.

2 comments:

  1. Johnny, once again your recipes are inspiring. I have been looking for a tasty pork recipe today, and guess what, yours is perfect. I agree, i'm not the greatest fan of pork chops, i bought some pork medallions and needed something really flavorsome to jazz them up. I'll let you know how the turn out. I'm opting for wine instead of brandy.

    ReplyDelete