Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Chicken Romano

I know traditionally this dish is covered in Breadcrumbs, but I thought it didn't need it! It never ceases to amaze me just how many different ways and recipes there are for Chicken Breasts and this is one of the easiest.
Simply cut with a sharp knife an incision into the side of the Chicken to make a little pocket. I then stuff with Chopped Basil Sun dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil and Mozzarella Cheese. Put it on a Roasting tray,  add some Sliced fresh tomatoes to the side, Glug of Olive Oil and some dried Oregano and Parsley on top of the Chicken and Tomatoes and put it in a preheated oven at 220c for half an hour.
I made a simple salsa of Chilli Fresh Basil Parsley and Spinach added Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Lemon Juice and blitzed in the Blender and a simple Chickpea Puree.

When I took the Chicken out the oven I seasoned well and let it rest for about ten minutes. This is an easy tasty little dish when you are in a hurry. I had a bottle or two of ice cold Orvieto which was light and crisp and went very well with the dish.

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful! Love all the ingredients you use on the chicken.

    ReplyDelete